Banana tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm redoing my small bog garden but I have a problem. This large banana tree has roots that are trying to grow under the old liner if I put a tarp over the old liner and then put a thick new liner will that prevent it from messing it up? That's my large bog garden on the left the angel trumpet bush is not in the bog garden and I make sure no blooms fall in it or in the pond. It will die back in the winter and I'm going to cut it away from the pond.

Attachments

• 20221012_141613.jpg
    20221012_141613.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20221012_141613.jpg
    20221012_141613.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I would probably cut them both back and move them a bit further from the pond. If that is a banana tree, it won’t mind being moved. If it’s an elephant ear, it might have sent runners under the pond. They can pop up anywhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I would probably cut them both back and move them a bit further from the pond. If that is a banana tree, it won’t mind being moved. If it’s an elephant ear, it might have sent runners under the pond. They can pop up anywhere.
You're right about them elephant ears! I believe some of the ones I have in my yard here in Texas are connected underground to some of those in Florida. Never seen a plant so happy to wander the planet...

Reaction score
Country
United States
You're right it is an elephant ear not a banana tree. Lol. And thank you for your reply

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You're right about them elephant ears! I believe some of the ones I have in my yard here in Texas are connected underground to some of those in Florida. Never seen a plant so happy to wander the planet...
its not so found of the weather here in ct

Ask a Question