sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh you really have some tiny ones huh .I see they have a preference for folgers coffee

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very relaxing..........except for the dripping Chinese water torture feature and the creaking noise of the tightening of the other torture chamber thingy,lol! Maybe I've been watching too much Dexter,lol!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Enjoyed as always, or at least until the loud creaking. LOL Surprising how different the sizes in the babies, Some look a few weeks old while some look almost like some two year olds I've seen. The one I liked from the beginning is looking more and more like Mom,Hi Bekko, orange and black, Dang it I can't remember what you call her. LOL But you know the one. LOL It's also one of the bigger of the babies. Poor crooked back is really showing in the inside pond. Doesn't slow it down any though!
Is the outside pond frozen over yet?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fishin' ...honestly about lefty (crooked back)..originally,i didnt think he or she would make it. but it seems to be possibly outgrowing the condition. its not near as bad as it was. i call some of my hi utsuris including mom , sumi orenjis (black spotted orange)..a couple look like they may have some ochiba in them so i might call them ochiba utsuris(lol). they have a definate black netting print around some of the black areas.. and no the outdoor pond has had ice on it a few times but has yet to freeze solid. we are having unique weather this year to say the least. and i apologize everyone i will have to turn off the sound. or add music to the videos on youtube.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Any that look anything like this? Kaeda? I was just reading about this new variety on another forum that is in discussion. When you were describing the Ochiba Utsuri I thought about this one. LOL, You see a name like that and Sumi Orenji, and Ochiba Utsuri, makes far better sense than What ever that is, LOL Ochiba showa= Kaeda? Where do they get these names, the hall of confusion????? Confucius say confusion is what Koi are? LOL

Attachments

• Kaeda.jpg
    Kaeda.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 316

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fishin...i do have some "sanke" or "showa" (same fish catagorie as far as i'm concerned) with the muted gray markings....must be on skin but not on scales...i like the look of the muted markings..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Koiguy, if I had never seen your basement pond, I never would have dreamed up the idea of having fish in the basement for the winter. I know that my basement "pool" is much more temporary than your deeper pond, but I am so enjoying my little koi I bought last month. I can go sit and watch them and when I put my fingers in the water, at least half of them come right up to nibble on my fingers. Hoping to have them all very tame by spring.

Loved your video, dripping water and squeaks and all!

Ask a Question