Battery powered aerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a pump and filter for my pond with a spitter but that does not seem to be enough to aerate the water. I also have two solar powered oxygenators but they only work in direct sunlight.

In the morning, my fish are gasping for air. To solve this, I think I need a solar aerator that's also battery powered so works through the night.

Can anyone recommend a solution?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Is there any way you make the outtake of the filter to splash more? Like raise the output of the return higher so it can hit the water harder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd fork out the money for a real air pump
Was thinking about this but it would require getting another outside socket installed.
Is there any way you make the outtake of the filter to splash more? Like raise the output of the return higher so it can hit the water harder
Also plan to changing the water feature. I do have a spitter but it keeps getting clogged and twice now the resulting pressure has pursed a pipe and almost emptied the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
How far away is the existing outside electrical outlet?
Maybe you can plug an aerator pump there and run a long air hose. It would be easier to bury an air hose than have to dig a trench and install electrical conduit etc.
I quick made a little wooden "house" for my air pump to protect it from the weather.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Really, just try get a air pump, just as important than a pump. If you have a waterfall, thats perfect, if not you need a air pump.

Ask a Question