Beckett Pump Issue

Reaction score
I have a Beckett 5000GHP pump that is humming but won't push water. I have unplug the unit and took off the screen and cover to just expose the blades. Clean around the blades. The blades have no issue spinning by hand. I plug the unit in and the blades spin. Put the pump back in the water, turn on power, hear humming, and no water being pushed through the hose. I remove power, take pump out, and power back on. Blades move and then I just put the pump back in the water and water is still not push through. Seems that the pump cannot spin the blades once the weight of the water is applied.

Any suggestion?

Kurt

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Try running the pump underwater without the hose attached. Sounds like you may have a blockage somewhere in the hose.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion.

Removed hose and no change. Pull pump out it spins. Put pump back into water without hose attached no spin.no massive water fountain shooting straight up in the air, just humming.

Kurt

Reaction score
About 5 years old.

I see that the manufacturer has discontinued the pump.

Kurt

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
can you pull the shaft out that impeller sits on .I had stuff get back there and just cleaned it off .I use a becket in 1 of my stock tanks .Mine must be at least 10 years old .

Reaction score
This what I found when I pulled the pump apart. I think it is time for a new pump.

pondPiecePump2.jpg
pondPumpPiece.jpg

Ask a Question