Becky out of action

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
@Becky has some back problems at the moment and is laid up, so will be out of action from the forums for a while (although hopefully she'll be able to pop in occasionally!). Fingers crossed it won't be too long before it improves, but in the meantime, I'll be around to help administer the forums in her place :).

A

Advertising

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh man -- back problems and pond work do not go together! Please tell her to rest up and feel better!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Get well soon Becky, we will miss you here................. Mom keeps us under control!

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone! I'm on lots of painkillers now which is helping with the pain, but they make me feel like a zombie :hungover: Nice to be here and see how everyone is doing though :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Hope you're up and about before long, Becky. I can sympathize with you, having spent some 15 years with severe back pains. Careful with those painkillers.... sometimes the "cure" can be worse than the problem.
John

Becky

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Hope you're up and about before long, Becky. I can sympathize with you, having spent some 15 years with severe back pains. Careful with those painkillers.... sometimes the "cure" can be worse than the problem.
John
Yeah I know what you mean, John. They seem to be helping so far, but I'm still quite restricted on what I can do. Hopefully it'll just be a short term solution, I'm seeing the consultant in a couple of weeks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Please be careful.
My late hubby is a late due to pain killers. He was on them for over 18 years disabled. because of back pain. The last one they had him on worked great, methadone, but he started drinking coffee, the caffeine interacted with the methadone which made him a late hubby.

Reaction score
@addy1 that's terrible! What a sad story. Pain meds are so over prescribed in this country - not sure about the UK, but it's a problem in the US for sure. I just came home from the ER - slight hairline fracture of my wrist - and the first thing the doctor asked was "are you taking anything for pain?" and when I said "no - haven't needed it" he replied "would you like something for pain?" Um... no?

I know that there are times when pain meds are very necessary, but they need to be way less eager to pass them out. Now they have medications to deal with the constipation that results from opioid abuse. Too crazy!

A

Advertising

Ask a Question