Been a while

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Hello all, I have been away for a while. I have popped in from time to time to check up on things. I have been busy with the kids sports, work, etc. I have been planning to upgrade my pond since over the winter. I am gone a lot of weekends and I finally had a weekend off. I knew my rebuild would take several days so having the extra day helped. I decided to redo my pond to make it larger, more natural, more leak proof, and more sturdy to hopefully last for many years. I used some newer equipment and used flex pvc instead of the corragated stuff. I have had to replace the corragated stuff 3 times because it get very brittle after a few winter's and leaked. I have been losing about an inch a day this year so needed to do something. I also went from 1.25 to 1.50, increase d my pump from 1900 to 3100. I totally gutted my pond and replaced everything. I changed my filter falls and skimmer. I decided to change my waterfall to make it more sturdy and more of a drastic fall. I ditched my old flagstone edging to use boulders and stones to hide the liner. I am only about 80 percent done so I still have some work to do hide the liner and blend the pond into my landscape. I will admit that i probably won't do another rebuild myself. I just turned 40 and this kicked my butt big time. I am very happy and fortunate that it turned out pretty well. I was really stressing over taking on such a big project and that I would mess things up. My biggest fear was that it would not be functional and I would get pissed off and just fill the hole with dirt.

I bought a kiddie pool to put my fish in while I was working on it. It took me about 4 days to get it to the point it is now. I spent the first day tearing everything down and getting the fish, snails, and plants out.

I just want to thank everyone on this forum for all the expertise and opinions over the years. I think it is so cool that there are so many ways to build ponds and I love everyone's creativity. I will post a few pics on my before and after.

I hope everyone is doing great and that we all keep up the good work.

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New construction pond pics

Attachments

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very nice pond. I even like the first smaller pond! Thanks for coming back and sharing pictures!

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question