Been out for awhile, had a pond collapse....

Reaction score
Hello all, it has been awhile since I have been on the forums (real busy with work), but my pond was doing well until we got 6 inches of rain in three days...I had one wall of the pond collapse and rock fell in and split my liner :biggrinangelA: Anywho, I was able to save my fish and am completely building a new pond (with reinforced walls). Need some advice on a pump for roughly 3000 or so gallon pond with a skimmer, bottom drain and waterfall.

I'm in the planning stages and will be breaking ground this weekend...As always I appreciate any and all feed back.

thanks

Reaction score
How common is this? We get lots of rain here in the PNW, but our new EPDM-lined pond is placed near a bank that drops away so I think we have reasonably good drainage.

Can any pond that's not concrete lined have a collapse, or is this almost always in soils that drain poorly, and/or ponds that are placed in low spots?

Reaction score
Makes me curious as to how many forum members have natural saucer shaped ponds and the advantages & disadvantages of the natural shape.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond in arizona is dirt walls, pretty straight, and we do get hard rain off and on.
It has been up for 5 years and has never collapsed.

Ask a Question