Been talking forever about them and now they are here.......Shubbies, Hooray!

Reaction score
Nice looking Shubbies JW, enjoy them! Of my original "experimental" fish that I stocked the first year to make sure I could keep them alive, one was a shubunkin who turned the most beautiful sky blue shade with the black and orange markings. He wound up fathering most of the current fish in my pond but mixed with the goldies, most of the babies are orange and white. Unfortunately he was a victim of the last heron attack but his babies live on. I didn't plan on replacing him but wound up picking up two more 5" guys at the local store one day, I just couldn't resist and I missed his flash of color in the pond. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice looking Shubbies JW, enjoy them! Of my original "experimental" fish that I stocked the first year to make sure I could keep them alive, one was a shubunkin who turned the most beautiful sky blue shade with the black and orange markings. He wound up fathering most of the current fish in my pond but mixed with the goldies, most of the babies are orange and white. Unfortunately he was a victim of the last heron attack but his babies live on. I didn't plan on replacing him but wound up picking up two more 5" guys at the local store one day, I just couldn't resist and I missed his flash of color in the pond. :)

Neat, glad you found some nice ones. Sorry you lost your first one. They can be so beautiful, the fry I have are really dark with dark reds and oranges. Some are a dark orange with a black stripe down the back. I have one that looks like a zebra, just love seeing the results of spawning! I try not to look at fish at stores, have more than enough lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks so much addy but don't ya think I should get some up the road if they get any next year? Do you mean the tads aren't going to change into frogs this year?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks so much addy but don't ya think I should get some up the road if they get any next year? Do you mean the tads aren't going to change into frogs this year?

Yep surprised me too, the tads will be tads until next year. And if they have some up the road see if she will share, I am sure she would. But if not will send you some more.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Belated Happy Birthday, j.w.! A lot of us here are the same age: 21! :beerchug: John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks John and we will be forever more
oldwomanaging.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I get them from my family album..................oh no...............don't tell me we are related
grannybed7.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao, pulling out the ancestry tree! checking links between jw and john

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Lets see....both 21.... she could be my long lost twin sister!!!!! :ugh: John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing...................I will pay for the dna test! bet she is!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I know I have relatives in Colorado, and family folklore says a relative on my mother's side went to try to find his fortune in the West in the mid-1800's. He apparently didn't succeed.....he was hung for stealing horses!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol hope you don't follow the foot steps!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha would be funny cuz I was adopted and my adoptive parents told me my blood father was French Canadian. And I found my blood mother when I was the first 21yrs, lol................and she said his name was John but she liked to drink and told me two different last names, two different times so who knows on that one. Sounds like John's MIL to me, lol! One never knows what one may find in a family tree!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
no kidding jw! glad you didn't follow the drinking path! ..........maybe you two are related ..........giggle

Ask a Question