Bee's, Dove's and Random Pictures of the Yard

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had some good lighting tonight so I was messing around with the camera.

DSCN5459.JPG
DSCN5454.JPG
DSCN5447.JPG
DSCN5441.JPG
DSCN5435.JPG
DSCN5343.JPG
DSCN5352.JPG
DSCN5353.JPG
DSCN5365.JPG
DSCN5362.JPG
DSCN5359.JPG
DSCN5355.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
JB I am not sure the name. But it is a low maintenance desert plant. Low water, hummingbirds love it, it gets about three feet tall and wide.they bloom from May through sepetember. I really like them and have planted several.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360945/

Join this site, post a picture of the plant and they will tell you within a day what it is called. I have done that for a few aggressive weeds we have around here, and some trees.

I think I had the same plant in arizona, but sure can not recall the name of it

Great photos!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Could be a type of cardinal flower?

Pecan your floating island looks like it is held up quite well, did you put anything on it to make it look natural or did it just age on its own.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I keep most of my plant tags so if I like something I can reference what it was to buy it again or if I dont like something I remember what it was to avoid buying them.

The red flowered plant is Penstemon, Fire Cracker Beardtongue. Penstemon is a low water, Utah native plant. I have another type of Penstemon which is Dark Towers and has purple leaves and light lavender flowers.

Here are some pictures of the plants. I try to group my low water plants together, in the front is the fire cracker beardtongue, behind it is the dark towers, to the left is a tigers eye sumac and to the right (still pretty small) is a coronado red hyssop and to the right of that a fire chalice (all low water Utah natives).
DSCN5461.JPG

DSCN5463.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Could be a type of cardinal flower?

Pecan your floating island looks like it is held up quite well, did you put anything on it to make it look natural or did it just age on its own.

Yep, the floating island has done great. It aged itself and really looks natural now. The creeping jenny likes growing under water under it better than on top though. I had no idea creeping jenny can grow completely submerged. Pieces have fallen to the bottom of the pond and are thriving. LOL

The 2 grasses in it are original to when I build the island. This year I put a day lily in pot in the center and some mint planted bare root. Hoping the mint will cover most of the empty space soon.

Very little grows great on the island bare root because the fish use it as a buffet, but mint is just invasive enough to thrive despite the fish eating the roots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'll add about the plants...

It is funny, when I first landscaped the yard I tried a lot of tropicals that could survive in our climate... They were pretty, but a lot of work. I slowly began replacing them with low water natives to the area. I have found many I absolutely love. Now I have more low water natives than I do tropicals and use tropicals as just accents in locations I can easily keep them wet.

I suspect as time goes by more and more low water natives will be planted. Makes the work much easier. :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1360945/

Join this site, post a picture of the plant and they will tell you within a day what it is called. I have done that for a few aggressive weeds we have around here, and some trees.

I think I had the same plant in arizona, but sure can not recall the name of it

Great photos!

I haven't joined the site, but I do access it a lot. I like the vendor reviews.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful pix pecan and I really do like the way that island turned out. It looks very cool! I might have to make a small one for some plants and a place that would be welcome to the frogs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confuzion

Latest Threads