best adhesive for stone

Reaction score
Country
Canada
what is the best adhesive for using with the rock/stone around the pond, not in the pond, I have used the grey foam stuff on the waterfall sides, I am putting the stones back around the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I don't use any adhesives or foam.
I stack my rocks in a stable manner on top of each other (preferably flat ones). I position them like a brick wall for stability. It takes a while to see what fits where. Turning and flipping them around until they are stable and don't move. Another reason I like them not permanently laid is that I'm constantly adjusting things. Ponding is like that. It seems to be a constant project. I'm always tinkering. I wouldn't be able to do that if there was glue everywhere.

I have read here that the foam is not used as an adhesive. It's more for guiding water toward a desired direction. Another use is to hide a liner by spraying on the foam, then sprinkling sand or small stones into it before it dries.

But, in the end, it's all up to you. It's your project and you can gather a host of people's ideas, then decide for yourself. Every pond is unique.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
okay thanks, and I think the not using the adhesive is best, so my wife and I have redone the rock by stacking and fit as you said.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too vote for just stacking as I never know when I will want to move something around or something settles and need to lift rocks out to adjust.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I've even had spots where I had plenty of extra liner. I removed the rocks and dug outward a little to widen the pond a bit. The point is that, like I said, I'm always tinkering.
I also hide my air lines within the rocks. I wouldn't want those lines permanently glued between the rocks.

Ask a Question