best external pump

Reaction score
2000 gallon pond with a Euro p 4000 gph external pump that is once again breaking. This is the second pump I've gotten that has busted. Same deal. Internal parts start rattling around and water stops flowing. I'm done with this product. The company I bought it from did send me the replacement free of charge but I cannot keep replacing it every other month.

My question is are performance pro artesian pumps worth the money? I need something reliable and hopefully quieter than what I have now.

Thanks everyone
Dave

Reaction score
Country
United States
you can try Reeflo .I know pumps go with 5 years warranty or Elite 800 platinum 5600 ,pumps go with 4 years warranty good luck if good just reply to let me know

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
2000 gallon pond with a Euro p 4000 gph external pump that is once again breaking. This is the second pump I've gotten that has busted. Same deal. Internal parts start rattling around and water stops flowing. I'm done with this product. The company I bought it from did send me the replacement free of charge but I cannot keep replacing it every other month.

My question is are performance pro artesian pumps worth the money? I need something reliable and hopefully quieter than what I have now.

Thanks everyone
Dave

Peformance Pro is an old, well-established and respected brand of external pump. I would not hesitate one second in the purchase of one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can I ask if the pump needs protection from weather and what size debris it can pass through it safely .Reason I ask is because a new ponder here left his external out running all winter last year and come spring it was not working properly .He has it out in the weather and not protected at all .I always understood they needed protected and needed brought in come winter .I have never had an external pump because I do not want that hassle ,but was wondering about this .He told me his said it could be left out .?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Can I ask if the pump needs protection from weather and what size debris it can pass through it safely .Reason I ask is because a new ponder here left his external out running all winter last year and come spring it was not working properly .He has it out in the weather and not protected at all .I always understood they needed protected and needed brought in come winter .I have never had an external pump because I do not want that hassle ,but was wondering about this .He told me his said it could be left out .?
External pumps can be left out during the winter months. However, If the system is to be shut down, the plumbing must be completely drained. Swimming pool pumps are left in place year round.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But can they be running that whole time ,because I know down here they turn the swimming pool pumps off come the end of the season .Which here seems to be September unless they have a pool water heater .I know I always read on here that ones with external pumps drain and store there's inside .I know I have read Addy doing that .Is it better for the pump to be stored inside than left out all winter with snow covering it .I know with snow and sun you get condensation and that can refreeze and crack things .Sorry that maybe this sounds dumb ,but you don't learn by not asking :)

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
With external pumps, if the procedures recommended by most swimming pool manufacturers are followed for winterizing the system, pumps may be left in place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
This thread is a year and a half old....o_O

I bring in my external pump for the winter. Ice can do incredible damage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I noticed how old thread was but have always wondered and had a chance to ask :)seems like a lot of us on here have sub. pumps

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bump on an old thread.

What external pump would you suggest for a small 350 gallon duck pond? Planning on adding a variety of filters to help with removing biomaterial including swirl flow (30 gallon), biofilter (K1 media; 35 gallon) and two hydroponic beds. There will be a low waterfall (about 2') to add oxygen back to the water.

Ask a Question