Best Low Watt Pumps? Rio Taam Pumps?

Reaction score
I am looking for best low wattage (energy efficient) water pump for my new pond.

So far best I have found are Rio Plus Taam Pumps. The 4HF does 260 GPH with 10 Watt (26 GPH Per Watt). There is RIO 1700 model with does 642 GPH with 31 Watt (drops to 20.8 GPH Per Watt).

I might have to buy 2 or 3 smaller pump and hook them together in serial to be more energy efficient at this rate.

Is there any better pumps or solutions out there what will work with my solar powered system?

Note, this new Pond will be powered with an off the grid solar power system. I looking at 100 watt solar panel with 12V, 35 AH Battery to store it. So I can run the system for the maximum amount of time I looking for low wattage, high efficient pumps.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have laguna pumps and 1 said it uses 45 watts but hit it's sweet spot at 27 watts and it was a 600 gph pump and have a 2400 gph and it uses 60 watts and 2900 gph and it uses about 80 watts .They give you wattage as high than what you end up with .The bigger the hose I used the less watts the pump used .I used 1 1/4 inch hose on them ,except for the 2900 gph it is 1 1/2 inch hose .I just got the 600 gph one a week ago .

Ask a Question