Best place to purchase Live Pond Plants? (Not just roots)

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source or someone who sells and can deliver Live Pond Plants? Not just roots or tubes but ones that already have some growth if not a lot. Interested in a mix of variety , nothing really in particular.

Thank you all

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Check Craigslist or Neighborhood sites. You can post a wanted ad for what you are looking for. Facebook also has an area for selling. I ordered some plants from Home Depot several years ago and while the plants were small, they were much better than others I have ordered.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I agree with @mrsclem - the best plants are always locally grown. You can see what you're getting. It's costly to ship fully grown plants - that's why most online sellers are sending you tiny slips or just tubers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7-A
Anyone know of a good source or someone who sells and can deliver Live Pond Plants? Not just roots or tubes but ones that already have some growth if not a lot. Interested in a mix of variety , nothing really in part
Thank you all
I live in Harford Co. Md. I go to a wholesale dealer near me ( MAN Maryland Aquatic Nursery ) 410-692-4171.. They are great people and willing to help you as needed... Tons of pond plants. Open to the public on Saturdays. I see you are in St. Mary's Co. Maybe too far ??
Well worth a Saturday afternoon drive. Good Luck

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
Check Craigslist or Neighborhood sites. You can post a wanted ad for what you are looking for. Facebook also has an area for selling. I ordered some plants from Home Depot several years ago and while the plants were small, they were much better than others I have ordered.
I actually ordered a few from home depot that are arriving today. I'll update on the quality once i get them

Jagsfan

Donor
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I actually ordered a few from home depot that are arriving today. I'll update on the quality once i get them
So i ordered 2 pickerel rush and 1 lizards tail that arrived earlier today. Both the pickerel rush plants are about 18" tail(larger than i was expecting, so im very happy), but one of them had all the stems folded over to fit in the box. so all the stems are bent and hanging at about 12". The lizards tail is much smaller, about 8" but looks healthy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know this is old but I just had a great experience ordering from joyful butterfly. I created a post about it in this forum.

Ask a Question