Best plant recommendations for Pond out of direct sunlight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

Where I am situating my pond is pretty sheltered by the house so it's not going to get much direct sunlight

I am assuming this will be a benefit in reducing algae but does anyone have any recommendations regards plants?

Are there types I should avoid that need more light and are there varieties that thrive in lower light levels?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Try this link out. I also have a few in my northern exposure, flowerbed pond not mentioned in the link below that also do well in lower light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Try this link out. I also have a few in my northern exposure, flowerbed pond not mentioned in the link below that also do well in lower light.
interesting read that, a good few ideas to go on thank you :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You are welcome! Does your pond get any direct sunlight at all or is all of it indirect?
Pretty much all indirect at the moment. It's not overly dark just In a slight shadow that Is cast by the house.
I'm still in the build phase at the moment so with I slight adjustment It could he possible that a portion of the pond gets direct sunlight
My original plan was to have it as close to the house as possible for protection from predators and for it to be better protected during the winter months

Ask a Question