Best price+kind of liner?

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I have never see a tree root come through a liner. Maybe someone else has.

I use black EPDM roofing rubber. Was thinking PVC had problems if exposed to the sun. The clear PVC on my greenhouse looks like someone took a blow torch to it. I expect the liner is better then that but it concerns me.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I think $.50 a sq ft is about average for EPDM.

how do i convert linear metre to a square metre? i know linear is length and not area, but the site says "Rubber sheeting is ordered per whole linear metre."

the thicknesses available are: 1.5mm, 3mm, 4.5mm, 6mm

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ouch! I paid 45 cents a square foot. If I remember right lol

Reaction score
i really dont understand what quantities of liner to buy really... i know its something like max length + 2 x max depth + 1m = length and max width + 2 x max depth + 1 m = width but if the sheet rolls come in a width of 1.4m, im not really sure on how many i need to buy, can anyone help? normally i just buy pvc liner that comes in one sheet to fit the size of the pond im building.

3m long, 2 m wide and 1 m deep. so i know i need 6m length, and 5m wide, but how do i get 5m wide from a 1.4m wide roll?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You might have to seam the liner, see if you can read information on the site where you will buy the liner from or call them. I would think you should be able to find a company that makes it to the size you need. Mine came in one piece, they make it to the size you need.

Reaction score
addy1 said:
You might have to seam the liner, see if you can read information on the site where you will buy the liner from or call them. I would think you should be able to find a company that makes it to the size you need. Mine came in one piece, they make it to the size you need.

found a site thats selling the size i need in one sheet for £50... not bad... compared. not sure if the liner will be any good though, its a 3 ply flexiliner or something.
http://www.pondkeeper.co.uk/flexiliner.asp

they reckon its their best selling liner though.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
These guys do not list prices as I expect the most often deal with roofing contractors. If that is not the case you will want to find their supplier. We purchased our liners from a similar place selling the same product.

Flat and Rubber Roofing Experts in the Scottish Borders, Lothians and Edinburgh, Scotland
Large sheet sizes. 3 metre & 6 metre wide normally, but up to 15 metres wide available. Reduces labour time, less seaming, quicker coverage.

http://www.pmsflatroofing.co.uk/index.htm

Ask a Question