Best time to add onto pond?

Reaction score
I want to put an addition onto my pond. Currently it's approx 2000 gal. 14x9 2.5 ft deep. I want to add on a section between an oak and pine tree( yikes with roots but its my only option),that's roughly 4x6 3-3.5 deep. My question is what is the best time of year to do this? I want to keep the disturbance to the fish at a minimum. I will have to lower the water level when I connect the liners and excavate the new section. Plus I have to consider the temperature for seaming the liner. Eager me wants to do it this Fall,but the safety of the fish and pond come first.

Thanks all!!

Reaction score
I'd say now is the best time to do it.
You already got to enjoy your pond for most of the summer, fish should be their healthiest, still warm enough days for seaming the liner.
I say don't wait, do it NOW!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Agree, in the spring the fish are coming out of a long cold winter, they are at their weakest then. Right now still warm enough, the fish are still pretty healthy after eating like pigs all summer

Ask a Question