best type of air stone for my small pond?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't see why that would not work, unless it gives off too much air. I have been using a air disk.

Reaction score
I am, just thinking of the pond environment clogging it faster is all. my 40 gal tetra pump is not really enough. I just got a 100 gal off of ebay for 1/2 locally. I will get another one. they are ncie as they stay down on their own and you can shape them however you like.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't know about them, and do like them, thanks going to check into getting some. My air disks and a few aquarium air stones have so far done fine, no clogging.

Reaction score
wel lI thought the pump was too small but that bubble tube really had problems I can hardly blow air through it. I had bought another one today to go on the second output of my pump the new one works fairly well the only one hardly at all. I will just get a disc or some stones and make something to hold them down

Reaction score
You said you have two outputs? Did you block the other? If you didn't then some will just blow all the air out of the other output since it has less resistance.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You said you have two outputs? Did you block the other? If you didn't then some will just blow all the air out of the other output since it has less resistance.

The air pump I am using has a manifold so you can shut off the ports not being used, I can attach 6 air lines if I want to.

Reaction score
I was using the bubble tube on a single outlet pump and not much air was going through I was thinking the pump was too small. so I gout a bigger pump and put a tube on each outlet the new one worked fine the old was the same. So I tried to blow through it and and I could hardly get any airflow at all. seems the two outlets are separated and I just put the hose in without anything on the end and the tube is still going the same.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sounds like your tube has issues.

Reaction score
the Top Fin® Fine Bubble Airstone seems to be the best choice. it has the least amount of air resistance and the fine bubbles really move the water. the disc was kind of pathetic. it would be better with more air but the long stone really puts the fine bubbles out.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great to know, thanks kenneth
So far my air discs ae doing pretty well, will keep that in mind if I need to replace them

Ask a Question