best way to acclimate fishies?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What is the best way to acclimate guppies to a 30 gal pond container? Thinking maybe 3-4 males....
It has a filter, air stone and lots of plants. THANKS!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This may sound like i'm being a smart a__ __ but I made a system years ago for an old client it was based on a drip system for koi and gold fish I agree with others note above float the fish in the bag in the pond so temperatures even out all the while adding a little water and the best easiest way to add the water is with a booze bottle/ drip system. I am finding out pretty quick though a quarantine tank is a pretty good idea before you release fish into a larger pond. and most importantly never add the fish store water to your pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This may sound like i'm being a smart a__ __ but I made a system years ago for an old client it was based on a drip system for koi and gold fish I agree with others note above float the fish in the bag in the pond so temperatures even out all the while adding a little water and the best easiest way to add the water is with a booze bottle/ drip system. I am finding out pretty quick though a quarantine tank is a pretty good idea before you release fish into a larger pond. and most importantly never add the fish store water to your pond.
Floating the bag & slowly adding aquarium water method works very well but I use the drip system. I use an IV drip system with roller clamp for all new fish and for water exchanges with sensitive species. The drip system is more precise and gentle.
Stephen

Ask a Question