Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Here are a few images of my Betta named Alpha and his aquarium (5.5 gallon HOB filtration)

b1.JPG
b2.JPG
b3.JPG
b4.JPG
b5.JPG

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Your betta doesnt come near the beauty of @bettasngoldfish betta's you have lots to learn :)

Dave
I am not sure if I have seen a picture of her bettas but I am definitely an amateur when it comes to raising betta or any fish for that matter so I would agree with you on that she is better. Turtles are my only expertise in the aquatic world.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I am not sure if I have seen a picture of her bettas but I am definitely an amateur when it comes to raising betta or any fish for that matter so I would agree with you on that she is better. Turtles are my only expertise in the aquatic world.
PS: I won't tell Alpha about that because he thinks he is the best thing swimming :D
I can't imagine where he would get that arrogance from though LOL ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alpha is a lucky boy to have scored such a nice home with you.

And yes, I think all the betta boys think they are the best thing swimming. That's one of the fun things about keeping bettas, they have awesome attitudes :D

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your betta doesnt come near the beauty of @bettasngoldfish betta's you have lots to learn :)

Dave

You are very sweet to say that Dave but all my bettas (grrrls & boys) are bought from the pet store. I have only purchased two from a breeder and that was several years ago (they are no longer with me)

I do have to admit my taste or preference in bettas has changed over the years but I do love them all and am a big sucker for one in need. I once adopted a betta boy who was missing an eye in the past because I was worried he would not get a home. Named him one eyed jack, he was quite the character.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You are very sweet to say that Dave but all my bettas (grrrls & boys) are bought from the pet store. I have only purchased two from a breeder and that was several years ago (they are no longer with me)

I do have to admit my taste or preference in bettas has changed over the years but I do love them all and am a big sucker for one in need. I once adopted a betta boy who was missing an eye in the past because I was worried he would not get a home. Named him one eyed jack, he was quite the character.
Oh boy we have a mechanical dancing fish tank with an angel fish that moves through a magent suspened by a red cord from its mouth above a small bowl , when you switch it on it dances all over the tank .
We bought it many moons ago from a pub landlord when we opened the box it was found that the plastic angel fish was missing one eye .
We named him one eyed floyd .
We think along the same lines me thinks :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Lost me also. I see no reference or comparison to bettasngoldfish anywhere in the original post.
I made an observation that the standard of @bettasngoldfish bettas was above that of Marshalld and he had alott to learn just as a newbie would to koi or goldfish Meyer having seen hers cant see whats so complicated about that, I made a comparrison thats all my friend .
I find it helps folks learn and attain a far better standard of fish

Dave

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I made an observation that the standard of @bettasngoldfish bettas was above that of Marshalld and he had alott to learn just as a newbie would to koi or goldfish Meyer having seen hers cant see whats so complicated about that, I made a comparrison thats all my friend .
I find it helps folks learn and attain a far better standard of fish

Dave

It came across as a judgmental comment (for which there was no basis) of Marshall which I feel was in bad taste.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It came across as a judgmental comment (for which there was no basis) of Marshall which I feel was in bad taste.
Sorry my friend it wasnt in bad taste whats wrong with telling a newbie to that type of fish they can attain a greater understanding of it should he wish it wasnt judgemental in any way shape or form its how I learned and many other people that I know learned .
Its the same as microscope use was I out of order for intoducing that to @Mmathis or @bettasngoldfish no because they are progressing nicely with them as you saw the other day .
I like seeing people progress in our hobby , I doubt @Marshall was offended by it .
Nor anyone Ive ever helped progress in the hobby which are many people in the last 28 years or so....

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
not a problem Meyer Betta's ment collective betta shes owned over the years , I'm hoping that @bettasngoldfish can help marshall with advice about litrature to help him attain the same level thats all .
The same can be said about his koi iwhich I'm helping him with.
I was also hoping @Mmathis and @Marshall can get together then ask Ian or Becky fo a turtle forum so they can help others :)

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question