Betta & Aquarium Images

Discussion in 'Indoor tanks' started by Marshall, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Aquatic Turtle Rescue & Adoption

Here are a few images of my Betta named Alpha and his aquarium (5.5 gallon HOB filtration)

b1.JPG b2.JPG b3.JPG b4.JPG b5.JPG

Marshall, Sep 12, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Marshall

Dave 54

Sorry marshall but this is not a patch on @bettasngoldfish I am affraid you have to learn alot to attain her standard of betta

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Marshall

You lost me on that one ?

Marshall, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Marshall

Dave 54

Your betta doesnt come near the beauty of @bettasngoldfish betta's you have lots to learn :)

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
  5. Marshall

I am not sure if I have seen a picture of her bettas but I am definitely an amateur when it comes to raising betta or any fish for that matter so I would agree with you on that she is better. Turtles are my only expertise in the aquatic world.

Marshall, Sep 12, 2015
  6. Marshall

PS: I won't tell Alpha about that because he thinks he is the best thing swimming :D
    I can't imagine where he would get that arrogance from though LOL ;)

Marshall, Sep 12, 2015
    bettasngoldfish likes this.
  7. Marshall

bettasngoldfish Maria

Alpha is a lucky boy to have scored such a nice home with you.

And yes, I think all the betta boys think they are the best thing swimming. That's one of the fun things about keeping bettas, they have awesome attitudes :D

bettasngoldfish, Sep 12, 2015
    Marshall likes this.
  8. Marshall

bettasngoldfish Maria

You are very sweet to say that Dave but all my bettas (grrrls & boys) are bought from the pet store. I have only purchased two from a breeder and that was several years ago (they are no longer with me)

I do have to admit my taste or preference in bettas has changed over the years but I do love them all and am a big sucker for one in need. I once adopted a betta boy who was missing an eye in the past because I was worried he would not get a home. Named him one eyed jack, he was quite the character.

bettasngoldfish, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Marshall

Dave 54

Oh boy we have a mechanical dancing fish tank with an angel fish that moves through a magent suspened by a red cord from its mouth above a small bowl , when you switch it on it dances all over the tank .
    We bought it many moons ago from a pub landlord when we opened the box it was found that the plastic angel fish was missing one eye .
    We named him one eyed floyd .
    We think along the same lines me thinks :LOL:

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
    DutchMuch and bettasngoldfish like this.
  10. Marshall

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Lost me also. I see no reference or comparison to bettasngoldfish anywhere in the original post.

Meyer Jordan, Sep 12, 2015
  11. Marshall

Dave 54

I made an observation that the standard of @bettasngoldfish bettas was above that of Marshalld and he had alott to learn just as a newbie would to koi or goldfish Meyer having seen hers cant see whats so complicated about that, I made a comparrison thats all my friend .
    I find it helps folks learn and attain a far better standard of fish

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
  12. Marshall

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

It came across as a judgmental comment (for which there was no basis) of Marshall which I feel was in bad taste.

tbendl likes this.
  13. Marshall

Dave 54

Sorry my friend it wasnt in bad taste whats wrong with telling a newbie to that type of fish they can attain a greater understanding of it should he wish it wasnt judgemental in any way shape or form its how I learned and many other people that I know learned .
    Its the same as microscope use was I out of order for intoducing that to @Mmathis or @bettasngoldfish no because they are progressing nicely with them as you saw the other day .
    I like seeing people progress in our hobby , I doubt @Marshall was offended by it .
    Nor anyone Ive ever helped progress in the hobby which are many people in the last 28 years or so....

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
  14. Marshall

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Substitute the word 'pond' for 'betta' in that statement and if doesn't sound comparative, judgmental and condescending then I apologize.

15. Marshall

Dave 54

not a problem Meyer Betta's ment collective betta shes owned over the years , I'm hoping that @bettasngoldfish can help marshall with advice about litrature to help him attain the same level thats all .
    The same can be said about his koi iwhich I'm helping him with.
    I was also hoping @Mmathis and @Marshall can get together then ask Ian or Becky fo a turtle forum so they can help others :)

Dave

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Dave 54, Sep 12, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
  16. Marshall

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Then that's what you should have posted the first time.

17. Marshall

Dave 54

Dave 54, Sep 13, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
  18. Marshall

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

The above quote is Marshall's original post sans the photos. He makes no mention of any comparison to anyone else's fish (especially bettasngoldfish) nor does he make any reference to the visual attributes of his fish. Just a hobbyist posting a photo of a fish that he owns, the same as countless others on this and myriad other forums that post photos of there fish, turtles, ponds, dogs, cats etc. just displaying their hobby, not making any claim as to level of knowledge or expertise. Certainly not asking for nor expecting harsh criticism.
    To this you immediately replied-
    and soon after, this-
    I may very well be the only one that feels this way, but in my opinion both of these statements were out-of-context to the original post and unnecessary and, as I posted earlier, "comparative, judgmental and condescending".
    If any real apology is warranted or forthcoming, it should be directed to Marshall.

Meyer Jordan, Sep 13, 2015
    DutchMuch and tbendl like this.
  19. Marshall

Dave 54

Why ? theres nothing derogatory about my posts too him I'm simply stating the obvious that he has lots to learn before attaining the standard of betta in Marias photo , I doubt this will offend marshall in any way , if you feel its so, then sorry its not , whats hard about that I'm speaking the queens english .
    If you check out his other post about betta you will find that hes now talking with Maria about them .
    Whats is your problem with me tonight we normally get on like a house on fire ?

Dave

Dave 54, Sep 13, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
  20. Marshall

Dave 54

I've just had Val read this thread word for word she agrees theres nothing wrong in my posts and comparison is part and parcel of the way of my teaching everyone and thats a shed load of people since we started out.pre 1990.
    Now everyone who I have ever helped is are told and shown that if they wish to attain our level of koi they have to stive to get there,
    I do a comparison because everyone buys garden centre koi first off not realizing the are better koi and goldfish out there its always worked for them so why shouldnt it for marshall
    All the people we have ever helped has attained our level of koi .
    One of our former members never forgot the love care and attention we have attained ourselves . it spured him on for better things , he now lectures in fish sciences and has his own consultancy if you read the bottom of the page , he rewarded us by nominating us to the koi hall of fame in the Koi magazine
    If you came across someone that was keeping feeders wouldnt you say there is no contest between them and other goldfish "yes".
    marshall wants to learn betta which he is doing ,everone who first starts out with a new type of fish needs to know by comparison just what a beautiful level they can attain , I've already explained myself to you once, you appologised because you got it wrong but still you persist why my friend I'm at a loss ?

Dave

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Dave 54, Sep 13, 2015
    DutchMuch likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question