Big addition To my Unique Pond

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Please meet HAIRY Kind of out of his element ,but Thats HAIRY!

Attachments

• Hairy the horse shoe crab 001.JPG
    Hairy the horse shoe crab 001.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 461
  • Hairy the horse shoe crab 002.JPG
    Hairy the horse shoe crab 002.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 564

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What the heck? Where'd you find him? I don't know anything about them but sure looks interesting. Does he like fresh water..............I hope :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I see them all over the beach in Atlantic City and have also seen some one get stung by one

Attachments

• nj2011 010.JPG
    nj2011 010.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 293
  • nj2011 020.JPG
    nj2011 020.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 328

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They get washed ashore and can't get back .High tide comes in they come in and so do clams and lots of others shells .I go there and usually come home with 50 shells and drift wood and other stuff after a really big storm .I actually 2 years ago found a guys wallet all intact with money in it called him and he said he lost while out on a fishing boat 3 years before that .Could not believe it was all there .I could read every thing a little faded and wet but after it dried i could still read some of it .He came to AC to pick it up .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
They get washed ashore and can't get back .High tide comes in they come in and so do clams and lots of others shells .I go there and usually come home with 50 shells and drift wood and other stuff after a really big storm .I actually 2 years ago found a guys wallet all intact with money in it called him and he said he lost while out on a fishing boat 3 years before that .Could not believe it was all there .I could read every thing a little faded and wet but after it dried i could still read some of it .He came to AC to pick it up .
I'll bet you sleep good'I'm proud to know you! the biggest thing I saw washed ashore in maine w/In the U.S.C,G. was a whale ,We had to take it 20 miles out and sink it, you want a rotten smelly discusting job TRY THAT!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a nice story sissy and glad you found it and not someone who would take the money and run!
So these crab things are from the saltwater then. Wonder how it will live in the fresh water?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what whale or horseshoe crab.Last time I was in AC there were a lot of babies on the beach .Got washed a shore by spring storms .

Reaction score
Wow, that is one really cool pond. I think Hairy makes a nice addition, but I think he was probably a she. Shairy? Horsheshoe Crabs are really cool, our Coastal Systems class toured a medical research facility and Horsheshoe crabs were talked about. Oh, and they don't sting. You can read all about horseshoe crabs here, I had never realized how important they are to the medical industry. And to some bird that migrates from S. America to Canada. Female horseshoes are really big and the males for the most part (at least down here in FL) really small.

horseshoe_crab_mating.jpg

*not my foot :surprised:

Ask a Question