Big plans for the 4th?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Anybody have big plans for the weekend?

I can't wait until 4 o'clock to get out of here, I feel like its my last day before vacation... not really, I have to be back on monday, but I only work mon, tues then have another 2 days off and come back friday. Then the rest of the month I took every friday off. so 4 day work weeks for the rest of the month.

I was told yesterday that I hadn't taken a vacation day in over a year, and I needed to use up 10 days of my vacation by sept 23rd, or I'd lose it, I guess thats a good problem to have. :)

Anyway, as far as plans go, we have a birthdday party for a friends kid on saturday, bbq and get-together sofball game on sunday, wednesday the 4th is my birthday and my fathers birthday, probably find myself drinking some beers with him at some point. and somewhere in there, I spose we will have to take the kiddos to see some fireworks.

Reaction score
I've been in that same boat for 5 years. We did this big project way back then and I didn't use a single vacation day. They said because of the project I could carry it over. So the next year I had like a month to use, but I just didn't need or want it so I used a little, and at the end of the year they said to use it, but I said the project was still going on, which it sort of was. So the next year I had like 5 weeks. Then my boss died and I haven't taken more than 3 days off since. It's just me, I can't be gone for a full week, it's just a nightmare.

But we are shut down for 3 days next week, so I am using vacation days to get Monday and Tuesday off as well, so that's my only shot for a real vacation this year.

And my plans? BBQ. Bring on the meat.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
That why I dont take days off either, that just means more orders, more rfqs, more emails and issues to take care of when I get back. Thats why I'm taking one day a week off, I hate being gone for one day, let alone 2 at a time.
I always carrry over a week of vacation each year (my anniversary date year which would be spet 23rd) but I also have 5 personal days a calendar year that I have to use, which I dont touch all year and then end up using between Christmas and new years, and the only reason I can take that week off, is because our two biggest customers are actually shut down that entire week, so I dont really have to worry about 800 emails and orders and requests for quote when I get back.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I have every day off! love retiring early, now that does not mean I am not busy

We are going to sit on a boat dock on the intercostal and watch the fireworks they shoot off the barge. It is beautiful and goes on for over an hour. We watched them last year down here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We'll get together w/ all the neighbors and eat a lot of good food we shouldn't and then shoot off fireworks from the Indian Reservation............if it doesn't pour down rain which it's not supposed to. Usually it always rains on the 4th but didn't last year!

99 you and your dad are Yankee Doodle Boy's born on the 4th of July!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
4th20.gif

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Shooting for cranking up the Koi pond on the 4th. may or may not make it but if all goes well It should at least have water in it. So I'll probablt be working on the pond all weekend and next week to try and get it started.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Will be going to the park to watch the local fireworks, have been doing that for years.

Ask a Question