Big pond, pond pump

Reaction score
For those of you that have large ponds, what pumps do you use?
Our pond is 20 gallons. I need to buy new pumps this year.
I have had our sequence 750 externalumps for 10 years. They have been great.
I guess I'm wonderi g what has changed in 10 years. I need 3 pumps that pump 4200 h @ 1 ft head.
High flow, low power consumption.
Thank ypu

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have a 4200 gph (I think that's the size) Laguna submersible pump on each of my ponds, and one is 6 years old, the other 5 years old. I have them strapped to plastic milk crates so they are near the bottom, but not on the bottom. No pre-filter on either. I've only had to pull the koi pond pump twice to clean it, the goldfish pond pump needs to be cleaned now but there is ice so it will have to wait. I've been very happy with them. Not sure what size Laguna goes up to, but they seem very well made.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know laguna tells you that you should clean them all the way to the propeller 2 times a year and check the seal .I clean mine really good .I know that keeping them clean allows them to use less energy and work to peak performance .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
laguan is very good with the pre filter cage. one year i missed timed the net it was covered in leaves on the cage didnt see and drop in output to the falls.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a dollar store toilet bowl brush to clean the cage .I even use the brush when it is running to get stuff off the outside of it .It works and is cheap .Anything I get off the outside of the pump I scoop it up with my swimming pool net .

Reaction score
I ended up ordering pumps from Webb's. They had sequence make them a house brand pump that is the same as the sequence 750 that I liked. The sequence pumps are 403.00 each and the Webb's brand, 299.00. Same pump same warranty.

Ask a Question