Bioforce 14000 filtering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
Hope you can help me. I have 10’ x 6’ pond 5’ deep about 8500ltr with about 10 koi 8-10” I’m running bioforce 14000 filter aquaforce 8000 pump set up last year water crystal clear all year. This year I’m struggling with water being cloudy a little bit of algae I’ve just changed bulb. But there seems an awful amount of muck particles in water as if it’s not being held in the bioforce filter. Is it possible to reduce flow of pump so it’s not pumping through to fast and would that help
Regards
Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Do you feed you fish all year round or do they go dormant in the winter? Also what are your water quality numbers?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Did you clean the filter? Rinsing it with pond water to not kill the bacteria in the filter.

Muck particles......do you have a bunch of plants left or leaves that fell in the pond last year.

Algae/ green water is fairly typical in new ponds. Keeping in mind with your uv light it kills the algae that passes by it, but will then just dump back into the pond to contribute to the mulm/detritus in the pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did you clean the filter? Rinsing it with pond water to not kill the bacteria in the filter.

Muck particles......do you have a bunch of plants left or leaves that fell in the pond last year.

Algae/ green water is fairly typical in new ponds. Keeping in mind with your uv light it kills the algae that passes by it, but will then just dump back into the pond to contribute to the mulm/detritus in the pond.
Hi just stripped and cleaned filter, cubes etc in bucket of pond water I was told didn’t need to do this after 12 months as it’s self cleaning when you rotate it. It was pretty clean to be honest. I have no plants in pond. so it will take couple years for everything to settle down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you feed you fish all year round or do they go dormant in the winter? Also what are your water quality numbers?
No I leave them alone over winter
The ph was high and ammonia slightly above normal I will take more readings tomorrow I’ve just been to my local koi centre and got some bacteria and kh plus.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think the design of that filter allows water to channel through the foam cubes and after a year the cubes have lost their shape a bit.
It would be better if your pond water had to pass through a solid filter mat instead. You could then choose how fine a filter mat you wanted.

Ask a Question