Biotec 10 Filter

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi
The house we bought has a pond, it had an old Oase Biotec 5 Filter and I have just bought a Oase Biotec 10 filter ( about 10 Years old ) so I can get better water quality ?
The old one I do not think was big enough for the pond 5M x 3M x 1M ( 15,000 Ltrs ) 3600 Lph Oase Pump
The old one would not clean the very fine dirt paricles from the water so I hope this one does ?
I also bought Pond Filter Wool to help with this problem as I used to use it in my Aquarium set up, and was wondering How / Where to locate this to also help with the finer materials or is it not needed ?

Nick

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

You can order these online. Just do a search for the type of filter. There were some that popped up on Amazon, but there are many pond web sites.

Not sure you need “pond filter wool,” in the filter, as the filter media is usually progressive from coarse to fine. Some of us have used quilt batting in a separate bucket/basket that we run some of the pond water through. This will filter out the finer particles. It will clog easily.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1661377162773.gif
@NJB1963

Ask a Question