Bird-B-Gone....has anyone heard of or used this product?

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Looks like an eyesore. I prefer the tried and true solution:

straw%20man.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like it might work. It would take a bunch of packages to cover my surface area.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I use the motion-activated sprinkler system. I've installed quite a few this year.

I love it when people tell me how their mother/father/aunt/uncle/whoever goes out to check out the pond and gets zapped. I'd like to design one with a GO-PRO so I could upload to AFV.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sticking w/my net. Those might start to collect muck on them or algae and what a pain to clean. If they do the job for you let us know.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe you can use them to make little frog or turtle houses decorated w/moss growing in the webbing :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, my first thought was to attach colored craft foam to them and let them be early-spring faux water lilies.....something to act as surface cover for the fish before the plants have a chance to leaf out. That would be the time of year around here that the GBH's would be starting to lay & hatch their younglings. The packaging says that they float just below the surface, but in the pictures it looks like they are on or just above the surface, so who knows what ideas I can come up with! I might put one of my floating gators on top to make it look like it's lurking in the waters.......ready to snap!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey if they float you could maybe make islands out of them w/ plants attached somehow dragging their roots in the water?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like the planter idea, tiny islands. Keep them small so a heron can't land on it and snack.

Reaction score
The Pond Defenders work really well to deter Heron and Cats from eating pond fish. You only need to install them around the edges of the pond (as far as the reach of a bird or cat). The are designed to sit below the water so that they are NOT an eye sore! They will also allow for plant growth between the holes in the disks. Call Fran at BirdBGone today to get a 5% discount on the Pond Defender today!

Ask a Question