Black goldfish

Reaction score
My pond is a mix of goldfish, gold , white , black and mixed. The big blacks seems more reclusive than the other fish, or maybe they are just harder to see. Does anyone think the blacks might be more reclusive? They just don't seem to respond and vigorously when I sprinkle food in the pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is a mix of goldfish, gold , white , black and mixed. The big blacks seems more reclusive than the other fish, or maybe they are just harder to see. Does anyone think the blacks might be more reclusive? They just don't seem to respond and vigorously when I sprinkle food in the pond.

my dark ones, black with some red/orange on them but mostly black, come running for food. No hesitation.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Harder to see, Makes it seem like they aren't coming up as much as the other but they usually are. In most cases I have seen blacks eat just as eaderly as other colors they are just harder to spot. If you have a light overhead on the pond at night black fish actually show up better at night than during the day. Sounds weird but it's true.

Ask a Question