Black Moor attacked

Reaction score
Country
India
I have 2 goldfish , one small white koi fish , 1 black moor goldfish and a betta fish. I have them in a big bowl as an indoor fish bowl. Firstly they all were doing good together. Suddenly one morning I saw that my black moor was brutally attacked . Its scales were ripped and one eye is lost so I seperated it in a different bowl and it healed . I thought maybe the betta fish was the culprit as I have seen it following it alot and then when it healed I transferred black moor to the main bowl with others now today I observed the small white koi attacking it and ripping it scales off. Now I have again seperated my black moor to a different bowl . I don't understand what to do now should I keep the black moor seperated? As it is also one eye blind.

Attachments

• 15433940218440.4232097747920539.jpg
    15433940218440.4232097747920539.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 524
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome @Anjali Prasad to the GPF.

I am not an aquarium keeper, but several things I can tell you - betta fish cannot be kept in a bowl, tank, or otherwise with any other fish. They're called fighting fish for a reason. Secondly, you absolutely cannot keep a koi in a bowl. It's going to be like keeping a whale in your bathtub before too long.

How big is this bowl? How many gallons of water? Do you have any kind of filtration? You should not keep putting the injured fish back in with the fish that have repeatedly attacked it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-11-28_9-19-49.gif
@Anjali Prasad I agree w/the others above. Keep the Betta by himself and the Black Moor w/just the goldfish. The Koi belongs outdoors in a big pond. Time to start digging a pond or give it to someone who has one already.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome, and agree with what everyone else has said. And actually, even the goldfish shouldn’t be kept in a bowl. You might consider an aquarium with good filtration — maybe 30 gallons at minimum!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! :)
Ditto what the others said!

Ask a Question