Black pond foam?

Reaction score
I used this today. Pretty nice unless you get it where you don't want it. It is fish and plant safe. It says the excess that you get on rocks you can desolve with acetone. This wont be safe for the fish will it?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
27goldfish said:
I used this today. Pretty nice unless you get it where you don't want it. It is fish and plant safe. It says the excess that you get on rocks you can desolve with acetone. This wont be safe for the fish will it?

Actetone will evaporate without residue, but it will also mix with water, that will kill the fish, so don't get any into the water. Keep everything dry until it cures and you will be fine.

lindsayanng

Umm yea... confused
Reaction score
I LOVE THAT STUFF!!!

I have a huge waterfall that runs STRAIGHT down over rocks and lots of people warned me of fall leakage due to the height and shape.. but the black stuff was a GODSEND.. i built up my rocks, sprayed the foam in places i thought could be leaks, ran the pond for a day or two and watched the water.. turned it off and refoamed and now i have a perfectly secure fall

the ONLY warning is to wait 24 hours before turning on the fall again.. it takes 24 hours to completely CURE>

I also wouldn't stress to much about getting some on the rocks.. I got some on the rocks and really, the natural algae that grows on your waterfall will make those little black smudges blend right in.. Better than risking getting acetone in the water!

I had a fwe drips before i realized.. DUH - ITS FOAM and it keeps coming out of the container ever when your not pressing the trigger.. I have some ALL OVER my hands and can't get it off (even with acetone) ebcause I did my last round of foaming last night.. but my aunt used the foam, and you can not tell where she dropped it.. dont worry too much.

You can peel off big chunks with your hands

Ask a Question