Black spots with jelly like stuff around it

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is this I found it at the edge of my pond around some grass looking plant it's only n this one spot of the pond should I be worried
IMG_20190626_194643_01_01.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depends on what type you have around. We have green frogs, mainly, also tree frogs, toads, they all lay eggs in the pond. They look like what you are seeing.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I would watch and see, if it were me.

What other water laying type critters do you have around, where are you?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keep us updated! This is interesting. My frogs, toads, etc lay their eggs around April/May

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Watch for them to start wiggling, as the eggs hatch you will see little pieces of dirt wiggling. Then you get a tad pole. They usually stay near the surface for a bit and then head deeper.

Maybe try to take some real close ups of a few of the eggs. They do seem to hatch pretty quickly. So keep a eye on them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Watch for them to start wiggling, as the eggs hatch you will see little pieces of dirt wiggling. Then you get a tad pole. They usually stay near the surface for a bit and then head deeper.

Maybe try to take some real close ups of a few of the eggs. They do seem to hatch pretty quickly. So keep a eye on them.
There literally black dots surrounded by this jelly shit the black dots don't have there own personal round jelly stuff around it it's around all of the ten million black dots

Reaction score
Country
United States

Someone told me it's algae

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a possibility, I have never seen algae look like that. Take a black dot and see what it looks like when you squish it.
That is how my frog eggs look like. But smaller, black dots with jelly stuff all around them

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a possibility, I have never seen algae look like that. Take a black dot and see what it looks like when you squish it.
That is how my frog eggs look like. But smaller, black dots with jelly stuff all around them
I hope so I'm freaking out

Ask a Question