Blanket weed and pond vacs

Reaction score
hi does anybody know anything about pond vacs which claim to suck up bw. how much of the stuff can they handle? the model ive been looking at is the pond monster, is it any good? please help. ryan

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have the pond o vac by oasis and it does pretty well at sucking all the gunk up in the bottom of the pond. It has two chambers so when the one gets full it switches over to the other and automatically drains the first one so you can constantly keep going without having to stop. I use it twice a year, fall and spring.

Reaction score
ive herd alot about these vacs, think im hoping abit for it to solve my blanket weed problem. hope i wont have to put up with the stuff for much longer.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
thought I answered this............lol you double posted!

Reaction score
thanks for advice think i give wet n dry ago as my pond only have small amounts of crap on bottom.
my pond went cloudy for about a week then went clear again any ideas why? filter/pump etc all been cleaned.
what is a bacteria bloom? sorry but only had pond for about 6months lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can be a lot of reasons, poor water quality, algae bloom, runoff from a lot of rain on and on. Have you tested your water levels?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
May be a bunch of nutrients entered your pond with rain, that caused a bloom, which your excellent filtration has now cleared it up to crystal clear again!

Reaction score
hope it will stay like it nothing worse than a cloudy pond. wont say my filter is that good lol but seems to be doing ok

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
hi otter nice catfish by the way, what type of filters do use, pond and pump size would be usefull......do you fish swangeys being from norfolk

Ask a Question