blanket weed ! the 6 million dollar question

Bat

Reaction score
I have just noticed slight blanket weed appearing in my pond, now i know its common but is there a good way of stopping it or getting rid of it?,

is there a way that actually works?
any suggestion welcome

simon

Reaction score
Cloverleaf Blanket Answer, brilliant stuff.

Makes the water milky for a few days and then the blanket weed softens and can be wiped away. Any you can't reach will just dissolve in another week or two!!
Just make sure you keep your pump and filter cleaned regularly because ultimately all of that weed will end up in your filter or smothering your pump :wave:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
show me the money!! i might have an answer for ya...just show me the money!!! lol
alright barley extract works on blanket weed, i use tetrpond barley &peat extract. i have no string algea or blanket weed in my pond.. had alittle for a short time but not enough to be a problem.... but it works best when started early spring.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Could you post a picture so we can see what you are talking about? I've never encountered or seen this condition, or weed. Is it common or just common to certain conditons and certain regions?

Ask a Question