Bloated Fish

Reaction score
Country
Canada
he may just be constipated what are you feeding? Try some cooked pea or just stop him feeding for 2 days and see.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Tumor is my verdict... when the fish starts getting thinner is when its health will get worse. Remember people live years with tumors before it impacts them if it impacts at all, especially if not metastatic.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
And, tumors can be removed with surgery, survival is fifty fifty, otherwise nothing you can do as far as I know.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a white female gold fish about 8" long that has a bloated belly. She's been that way for over a year or so.
She is quite normal in terms of her activities and eating habits. There four other smaller fish in the pond. I have stooped feed them altogether for about a month now and they seemed to be doing fine eating algae. The white female still has a pretty big belly.
I have read some info for treatment w/ Ap salt and cooked green peas. Which treatment is more effective?
How do I know if the fish is actually bloated?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a white female gold fish about 8" long that has a bloated belly. She's been that way for over a year or so.
She is quite normal in terms of her activities and eating habits. There four other smaller fish in the pond. I have stooped feed them altogether for about a month now and they seemed to be doing fine eating algae. The white female still has a pretty big belly.
I have read some info for treatment w/ Ap salt and cooked green peas. Which treatment is more effective?
How do I know if the fish is actually bloated?

Have you read all of the previous postings in this thread. These questions have been addressed.

in-pond salt treatments are for reducing stress and green peas are for curing constipation in fish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanx, I did read some of the threads. I am new to this group.
I am trying to see if someone could give me some specifics treatment successes..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Any chance the fish could have some fancy in its parentage ? I have a fan tail with around body like a golf ball?

Reaction score
Country
United States
She does have a fancy tail, but she was bloated last summer and then slim down after the winter and now its back to a big belly again.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am temped to put her in a tank and treat w/ Ep salt and feed her cooked peas and see if that would work.

Ask a Question