Blue bullfrog

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_6392.JPG
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have had my koi fish pond for 10 years now and I have a lot of bullfrogs. Recently I discovered a blue bullfrog that was hatched in my pond I'm pretty sure. I looked it up online and apparently it is a mutation that occurs only in about one in a million. Does anyone else have one of these blue bullfrogs?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I once found a albino frog on the cover to my hot tub. I was with 2 friends between the 3 of us no one had their phone to take his picture. The next day when I looked up this super rare frog, I got a big disappointment albino frogs are not rare. It might be rare he survived predators. Good luck with your blue frog, hopefully he will reproduce .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I once found a albino frog on the cover to my hot tub. I was with 2 friends between the 3 of us no one had their phone to take his picture. The next day when I looked up this super rare frog, I got a big disappointment albino frogs are not rare. It might be rare he survived predators. Good luck with your blue frog, hopefully he will reproduce .
I know that it's late to reply, but I saw your comment and I just felt like replying to say this.
Albino animals in the wild are very rare! In captivity they are common, but in the wild they seldom survive to pass on their albinism, so the genetics are hard to come by, and it is rare for natural animals that are not albinos to give birth to them.

Perhaps it was once someone's pet, though? American bullfrogs and African clawed frogs are often released in ponds, which shouldn't be done but is done anyway by pet owners who cannot (or won't) care for their pets once they outgrow their tanks.

Ask a Question