Blue catfish

Meh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys
I finally got some baby blue catfish! I ordered them from wholesale koifarm, in ca. They are listed as blue chanel cats, but their website says they are I. Furcatus which is a blue cat. I know there is a lot of confusion between the two, so i am hoping I did in fact get blue cats.
When putting them in my pond I thought i saw spots on a few, which makes me think they are actually channels.
Didn't have time for pics, they weren't looking good when they arrived so i rushed to get them in the pond, didn't think bout pics.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey guys
I finally got some baby blue catfish! I ordered them from wholesale koifarm, in ca. They are listed as blue chanel cats, but their website says they are I. Furcatus which is a blue cat. I know there is a lot of confusion between the two, so i am hoping I did in fact get blue cats.
When putting them in my pond I thought i saw spots on a few, which makes me think they are actually channels.
Didn't have time for pics, they weren't looking good when they arrived so i rushed to get them in the pond, didn't think bout pics.
PICS or a hospital tank quarantine , especially if not looking good

Meh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't have a quarantine tank. That's next on the list.
I check on them at night when they come out and they seem fine now, just had a rough time getting here. I've had them about 4 or 5 days now.
They stay hidden in the daytime so I just can't get a good pic. I need to look at their anal fin to be sure what species I have.
I may have to wait till they get too big to hide before I can properly identify them, lol

Meh

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I finaly got a hold of someone from the hatchery they came from. They are channel cats. I'm frustrated, and angry that they are advertising them as I. Furcatus which is false advertising. I might do a chargeback on the credit card.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah the beauty of the internet. Sorry you got duped. Channel cats get really large, but hey - you could eat them!

Meh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes , they get big Lisa but I like the look of the Blues better than the channels. I would actually prefer pangasius cats as they are free swimmers and always active but the won't survive the winter here.
I have a couple small koi and a few shibunkins as well as mosquito fish and rosy reds,JHRS. but the catfish are baby's. The koi and shuns will be ok, doubt the minnows will last long now though

Ask a Question