Blue Heron thought he could sneak in while it's raining

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just had a Great Blue Heron land at the pond thank god i saw him/ her/ flowerpot who knows what pronouns the bird is using these days. grabbed first available being half a gallon of ice tea. between myself coming running out two dogs barking and items flying at the damn bird . Hoping it prefers the local ponds over mine.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just had a Great Blue Heron land at the pond thank god i saw him/ her/ flowerpot who knows what pronouns the bird is using these days. grabbed first available being half a gallon of ice tea. between myself coming running out two dogs barking and items flying at the damn bird . Hoping it prefers the local ponds over mine.
He/she will be back!

Reaction score
Country
United States
New here but we have a fairly large pond that we put a large umbrella over but the fang herons still stole a fish.
I hung some old cd disks from the points on the umbrella and haven't seen a heron in 2 years

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh i have heron measures and have worked thus far. that along with a open spool or weed whacker twine and a half gallon of ice tea has kept them away. they have landed but i believe luck was on my side as i was there to chase them away the instant they landed

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
New here but we have a fairly large pond that we put a large umbrella over but the fang herons still stole a fish.
I hung some old cd disks from the points on the umbrella and haven't seen a heron in 2 years
bird welcome 99.gif
@Chrissyxmas64
I tried those cd's for awhile and then the bird got used to them. Now have a high net on posts attached to a short wire fence. Nothing getting in now but a small garter snake :cool:

Ask a Question