Bog and Pond Art

OzarksGuy

Pond in Use
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
CeejayH's photo is really beautiful. Congratulations! Beyond the Photo of the Month, I suspect that many individuals just like to tinker with photography, drawing and painting, and I'm wondering if they'd like to share. When winter cold has most of the bog flowers sleeping, I edit photos. I’m attaching some of the variations on a swamp milkweed photo I made using the program PhotoScape. Anyone else have pond or bog picture edits, or real art (drawings or paintings of ponds or bogs you’ve made) to share? I’d love to see them.
MW-1 (1024x768).jpg
MW-2 (1024x695).jpg
MW-3 (1024x717).jpg
MW-4 (1024x819).jpg
Pastel-1 (1024x717).jpg
Pastel-2 (1024x819).jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do photography. Some pond photography, but I specifically love nature photography. I don't do much editing past basic post-production techniques, though.
DSCN5727 copy.jpg IMG_7578 copy.jpg DSCN2083.jpg IMG_5007.jpg IMG_5238 copy.jpg

I've done drawings too, but none of ponds or nature.
2.png 1.png 3.png 4.png

Of course, the best artist of all is Mother Nature.
DSCN2312.jpg

OzarksGuy

Pond in Use
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Dave, Thanks. Some are pretty gaudy, but I thought people might want to see what was possible.

JB, I particularly like your turtle. It's a great unusual perspective.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ozarks, thanks for the kind remarks.
I really like your fifth image. I think it's great and could easily be used as the basis for a fabric design.
Playing around with photos is great fun, but I find any transformations get really subjective reactions - you either love them or hate them.
You're right though, it's a fun way to spend a few hours on a cold, dark winter evening.
Chris

OzarksGuy

Pond in Use
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Chris,
You, also, are being very kind. I often dislike false color things I see in magazines, for as JB notes, Mother Nature is the best artist of all. When we catch the pure image as you did in the photo of the month, it's pure nature. The fifth version of the milkweed is my favorite, too, and I also was thinking of something like wall paper or needlepoint (and it is a bit calming rather than aggressive like the others).

Ask a Question