bog build

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Found a free liner and rock on Craigslist yesterday, had to go tear the pond put for the guy and scoop up all the rock around it. But he said it had a leak and he was selling the house anyway, turns out the leak was in his stream, not the pond liner. So today I dug out my bog, been wanting to add one for a while, and this pretty much did it all for free.

I have one pump bottom feeding the bog, and the other will top feed it from that waterfall (as soon as I get a little more rock to bring the level up, there wasn't quite enough to fill it)

couple pictures in progress, I didn't think to stop digging and grab my camera until I was standing there watching it fill with water to check the overflow into the pond.

build1.jpg
build2.jpg
build3.jpg

and here it is almost done, just a little more rock and mulch around the outside and it will be done.

pond1.jpg
pond2.jpg
pond3.jpg
pond4.jpg

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Waterbug said:
Those have to be 3 of the most identical Canna plants in "pond3.jpg" I've ever seen.
I teach them to grow that way :)

Well after all that work I did yesterday, my pond level was about 3 inches lower this morning... .I KNEW I should have filled it with water and left it for a day, but I just HAD to get the whole project done yesterday, and it looks like that liner did have a leak in it, or I put one in it with all that rock.
I'm sitting at work pretty darn pissed at my self right now because I get to dig all of that rock back out to try to find a leak.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn, but it sure does look good!

Ask a Question