Bog filter outlet ideas please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have a raised bottom fed bog filter which works a treat but the outlet was a ‘temporary fix’ a couple of years ago. I quite like the blade look but have never come across one suitable as they appear to be piped in. Any ideas?
C32E5F7F-2FD7-41AD-B532-A98B8C8FBCEF.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I know people have posted here about making weirs similar to the one you have out of metal. I do think it would be more than just the actual outflow - perhaps something with sides and a back that could be attached to your bog?

You can definitely buy these, but I think you're right - most are designed to be plumbed into a waterfall. What if you take your idea to a metal manufacturing place? We needed some heavy duty brackets to hold a large stone island in our kitchen and we were able to work directly with a metal worker who built them to our specs. Just an idea!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That’s a good shout thanks. I know what I’m after so maybe I should sketch it out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Making it out of aluminum flashing is an easy thing to do if you keep it at 24" with a couple sides with the aluminum bent up it will be more then strong enough

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1613841021939.gif
@Wicksgang
I know there is a member here who makes them out of heavy duty plastic but he has not been around lately. @koiguy1969 are you out there somewhere?
Here is the kind he makes and he can make them the way you want. Maybe you can get an idea from this and make it out of what you want.

Weir for waterfall koiguy.jpg

Ask a Question