Bog Help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I am repairing my liner and while I have it out I came on here and got interested in making a bog. I was thinking about adding a waterfall above my pond with a stream that empties into a bog and then into my pond. BUT reading the bog post it looks like I need to get the water to the bottom of the bog so that it is forced to come up through the pea gravel. I've tried to draw my thoughts on my photos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It does work best if the water comes from under whatever kind of rock you ise. If you have the room you could make the bog the top with the water falling into the pond or falling into a stream the another fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Tadpole - I don't think so - I have a canister filter that I would probably continue to use. My primary purpose was more to get more plants to make it look more natural especially around the edges

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
What is the capacity of your pond in gallons? What size (GPH) pump do you have? What are the proposed dimensions of the "bog"?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Tadpole - sorry it took me so long to respond - my normal life keeps getting in my way. I have an Aquascape UltraKlean 3500 filter with an AquaForce pump. My pond is approximately 13' by 16' by 36" deep. I have not calculated the capacity because I just figured out how to do it on this blog. I forgot you asked me about the proposed bog size so I can measure it tonight. Thanks for your help.

Ask a Question