Bog Leak/Redo

Kim

Reaction score
So when I built my bog I done everything the best I could but I struggled so bad with the waterfall. Everything is looked at I could never get mine right as far as sealing the spillway and the liner. I’m going to have to redo my bog now cause there’s such a bad leak under the spillway that there isn’t much water now coming over. Can someone please help me with what’s the best way to do the waterfall.

Attachments

• F177C813-D492-4FFC-B037-2EC24B34AA69.png
    F177C813-D492-4FFC-B037-2EC24B34AA69.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 36

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
To add to @Mmathis question, did you caulk under the spillway or use foam? While the latter isn’t water tight it will divert most of the water over, caulk/silicone of some sort clamping the spillway to the liner will stop the leak

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It looks like the water is running back along the bottom of the spillway. If you tip it forward toward the pond more that will stop that problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It looks as though you planned a shelf in front of the block wall. That's great. You can cover the liner and hide the face of the blocks with layers of rocks for a more natural look.

Maybe, instead of trying to guide the water over that metal spillway, eliminate it and have the water run down naturally over the rocks you add in front of the block wall.

Ask a Question