Bog liner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
i will be starting on building my bog next week. Roughly 5’X3’ and 12” deep. Will I need the same heavy duty liner and underliner for it as I have for my pond (45mm)?
The bog will have 2” undergravel supply and will spill over about 2” into pond.
Pond is irregular shape but roughly 8x11 feet and average 24” deep.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MajorDan , hope you enjoyed your trip. I am building a bog next spring, and I have a 45 mil EPDM already to go. I know Dr Fosters and Smith have the liners on clearance this week. I would hate for anything to go wrong leak wise within the first few years, anything thinner may not be able to handle winter with freezing.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Go with 45 mil. The last thing you want to do is to have to redo a bog and remove a lot of pea gravel.
Ditto! Have already been there, done that! Fortunately not due to liner issues, but due to a poorly designed bog set up. Removing and replacing gravel.....no way, ever again! Go with the best liner you can to start with!

Yes to underlayment, as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone that responded. Getting my order ready now for the good stuff. Hope to finish this wonderful 5+ week journey up to Alaska and back by this coming Saturday. Had a great time, saw all the wild animals including a lynx, saw many, many salmon and caught some while fly fishing that I released, and hiked many trails. Sadly had to drive through smoke from forest fires from Montana to the Yukon Territory. Now is is time to get back to my pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
The trip was a bucket list item...to drive the ALCAN highway, hike/explore Danli, and fly fish in the Russian River. So happy to have accomplished all three. May just do some of it again but not the long drive. But really spent a lot of time drawing pond ideas, researching plants for bog and checking out shubunkins on the internet. I hope I can accomplish all that I have dreamed up for the pond.

Ask a Question