Bonsai Anyone?

B

Burd

i have 2 Bonsais, the one is a plant on a PC of lava rock, was very small when bought, it's from Maui, the other is a dwarf var fig. It's from a friend now that is gone. I'll post pics. She was in a Bonsai club.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Its no good buying bonsai straight from the mall your going to need books on the subject as well as the right minature garden tool to do the job of what you learn from your book or you could join your local Bonsai club , we have one here in Plymouth that show their trees at our shows , plus my friend Alex does it :cool:

Dave 54

B

Burd

I've seen some nice evergreen type bonsai at stores, English Gardens have some, they are good to get you in the hobby, but those have to winter though, a good place to buy is go to a Bonsai show.
We had a nice store here, I got to know the owners, one day I go there and it's empty. Not sure what happened, he would trim and wire my fig, wich got too large and now I'm trying to do it myself. lol. Not sure on this. My plant from Hawaii isnt really good for bonsai, but oh well, I've had it since 1984. 1999 on the fig, my daughter was born that year, it's getting old with her. Lol

B

Burd

English Gardens has this Bonsai tool set, I was looking at it for about a year. It kept getting marked down. Ended up having a 6.99 price on it, I bought it. I'll post some pics.

B

Burd

image.jpg
Here's the tool kit.

Ask a Question