bottom drain

Reaction score
So I wanted to put a bottom drain on my pond but I didn't feel like removing all the rocks and removing the liner. So heres what I did. I know its not a true bottom drain but it seems to do the job. First I dug down on one side of the pond where I wanted to put skimmer. I dug out the skimmer then dug out to where the liner was at the side of the pond. Drained the pond down to almost the bottom of the pond. Installed a bulkhead fitting on the sid of the liner. Ran pvc piping to the bottom of the pond and tee and a elbow with pvc insert screens in the tee and elbow. On the out side of the bulkhead I ran a few feet of pipe and then elbowed it up.Installed another bulkhead fitting on the bottom of the rubber tub I'm using for my skimmer box. This is a crappy ms paint I did, but hopefully you get the idea. Just make sure the out pipe that goes into the tub is cut below the surface level of the main pond.
bottomdrain.jpg

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Thats not bad ,,but if you can turn the 90 & the tee down torward the bottom of the pond , to suck off the gunk on the linner it will work better,, try to hold the openings off the bottom about a 1/2 to 3/4 inches off the bottom.
Welcome to the forum

Ask a Question