Bottom drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the forum and fairly new to pond keeping I have just built a new pond 5m x 2m 1m deep from railway sleepers I installed 1 bottom drain in the middle and have made DIY filtration system 1 vortex 1 static media and 1 moving bed media it has been running about 4 weeks and was running really well but the other day the water stopped running back into the pond and no matter how I reposition the filters it runs for a little bit and stops again the water level in the vortex seems to settle just under the outlet and only just trickles into the next barrel help please

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1569784097578.gif
@Smoggy
Sorry I can't help w/your issues. Hopefully someone will pop in to help you soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sorry, I'm not help either as I have not idea what either of those are! But welcome and hopefully someone will pop in here with real knowledge!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Is there a high point in the line. If so it probably has an air pocket in it. You can force the air out with a hose but it would return. The best solution then is to get rid of the high spot.

Ask a Question