bottom drain ?

lee

Reaction score
hi all am just wondering if this for a bottom drainView attachment 3692 any help will be great-full

Attachments

• drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 318

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Sure is. I'm really cagey about right angle bends in my supply line, though, especially that far underground. I don't really understand the plumbing diagram we're looking at, I'm sure you have a better idea of what's going on. Oh, yeah, I sloped my bottom to the drain, helps keep the crap under control. Does make it hard to walk on, though.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am not sure lee, if you slope to it most likely it would work. The others on here will help you more than I can

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I would think one drain would do it for you Lee. I'm with Addy, I'd slope to it. That way, poop and scum naturally falls downhill, and a brush will really push it out. I would go with a 4" for that big a pond, though. Good luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would route my bd to a settling chamber before it went to the filters. You would also have a cleaner bottom if you could use a aerated bd.

Ask a Question