Bottom feeders?

Reaction score
Is a Pacasomis a good bottom feeder fish....for a pond? A friend of mine went and got one for his 500gal pond and it seems to be cleaning the rocks prettty well so far, but isn't a Pacasomis an aquarium fish, is is going to live??

Robyn

A Ponder-ing Newbie
Reaction score
What state do you live in... or your friend? Most likely he will need to bring it inside at winter. As it may be a good foot or two long by then... that should get interesting.

Plecos and Koi have been touted as a bad mix by most accounts I have read... but Koiguy seems to have it working out.

Other choices are catfish, grey banded sharks (actually a type of loach), chinese algae eaters (small and not my personal choice as their impact is minimal in my experience in indoor aquaria), clams and snails (my personal favorite... buy from Tricker.com), adn plants that prevent algae in the first place (nitrogen users like water hiacynth).

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i had 3 in my pond and i just winter them in my basement with all the others. i have a 550 gallon pond in the basement. (right now its a nursery for my kois spawn this year) there has been no incidence with the combination, of koi, goldies,comets, fathead minnows, tanchos, and plecosimus'. they've lived in harmony for over a year.

Ask a Question