Bought a used pump, need some expert opinions

Reaction score
I found a pump on Craig's list, made what I thought was a fair offer and brought the pump home.

It's a Sequence 1000 model K5TH1. To demonstrate it worked, the seller plugged it in for me and pumped water through it (source was a garden hose).
It's used, so it's dirty, and there is oxidation on the housing bolts. That's all ok with me, he even gave me a second pump housing in the deal.

So here are my questions for the pump guru's

1) Pump has not been used in a year or two, is this an issue? Should I be considering any maintenance before I begin installing the pump?

2) The pump when demo'ed was loud. Is this because there was not sufficient water to muffle the pump? Age? A sign of something else? I plan to put this unit in a large underground sprinkler box, will that help?

Thanks in advance, a picture of the new unit it attached.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 253
Reaction score
Gargling is not enough water. And since he used a garden hose that would definitely be present. Grinding would be bad bearings. When the pump has enough water in it, then it should be pretty quiet. Really should only hear a light hum from the motor itself.

If you are placing it in a box underground. Make sure there is enough drainage incase you get a heavy down poor. Water collecting in it could damage the pump.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get on the sequence site see if there is any maintenance you need to do. You might want to send them a email.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll stop by the hardware store for some fittings and unions on my way home tonight. We will see how it runs with a pond behind it :yikesu:

Looking around for spare parts, it seems that reeflo parts maybe interchangeable. Any of you know if they are/were made by the same manufacturer?

Ask a Question