Box filter vs Bog filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I currently have a pressurized filter i'm looking to replace. I have a waterfall flowing into a small pond. I was just wondering peoples thoughts on the two filtration systems. I wonder if its just a personal preference or if one would better suit my pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I too am thinking along these lines. I have a pressurized filter, but I also have filtration in my skimmer. I've considered moving my UV lights inside my skimmer and getting a Savio filter.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
ANY type of biofiltration system will serve the purpose if it is correctly sized to the pond and fish load.
That being said, aesthetics and level of required maintenance would likely be the deciding factors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Id love to have a bog garden but alass no room,
I don't hink id ditch the pressure filters tho, if it's working leave it alone but a bog garden would be a very good add on, I have to make use with a moving bed k1 bio filter, at the moment im running two pressure filters fed buy one pum and an oase flow splitter one pressure fitler runs back into the pond fitted with a venture and 4he oher pressure filter runs my k1 bio filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I too am thinking along these lines. I have a pressurized filter, but I also have filtration in my skimmer. I've considered moving my UV lights inside my skimmer and getting a Savio filter.

ANY type of biofiltration system will serve the purpose if it is correctly sized to the pond and fish load.
That being said, aesthetics and level of required maintenance would likely be the deciding factors.
Is the bog more aesthetic? My pond is 600 gal., I have 6 gold fish and that it.

Ask a Question