boy oh boy it's cold outside

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
thought I'd share my frozen pond with all. come on spring!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20131207_100118_2961.jpg
    IMG_20131207_100118_2961.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 283

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Spring? We aren't even into winter officially yet. It's warming up now here but my pond was and is still frozen. Nice build up of ice on one side of my pond edge rocks from the bubbling geyser and more under waterfall. That is all ice as we did not get any snow here................yet :cheerful:

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no ice on mine and guessing it will be awhile here before the real cold comes and stays but hoping it stays away .

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
It was 70 here last week now we have 6 inches of snow and it is 9 degrees outside. Pond is definitely frozen over. Gotta love Oklahoma weather!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We hit 67 on thursday, out in t shirt and shorts, darn warm. I groomed grasses, planted seed, still have more to put out But right now snow covered. Ponds are partially frozen, little ponds big time frozen. (fishless)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It is terrible out this year. single digits already and that usually doesn't happen until mid-January.

The last couple of years were mild though, so I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That lizard gets carted off by the darn cat if I don't put a big rock over the end of his tail :biggrin:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Spring? We aren't even into winter officially yet. It's warming up now here but my pond was and is still frozen. Nice build up of ice on one side of my pond edge rocks from the bubbling geyser and more under waterfall. That is all ice as we did not get any snow here................yet :cheerful:

attachicon.gif
IMG_5326.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5327.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_5328.JPG
hey jw it must really be cold where you are your iguanna has turned blue chortle, chortle, :D

Dave

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah she needs to give the poor thing a sweater, unless it is already too late, froze blue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
We've had a record low of high 20s F here in Sacramento last week. The pond is 35 degrees F. The 6 goldfish are fine (2 large commons, 2 small sarasa comets, 1 that appears to be a wakin, and 1 that appears to be a watonai). This is my first winter with a pond, so I wasn't happy about the record-breaking temps. So far, the fish are moving slowly, but they're hanging in there. I watched the forum to see what to do before winter, and I'll be watching closely to see what you all do for spring.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to many lizards here ,the real ones .Every color too from pink to blue and yellow to red

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish we had those nice big live lizards here. We just see a few tiny brown ones once in awhile. This is my favorite guy that I only bring out in the Summer cuz he's not as hardy as the other one in Winter.

IMG_3835.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love lizards, had really neat ones at my phoenix house we also have tons around the house in florida. The ones in florida have neat curled tails, around 4-5 inches long. You also see huge iguana's hanging around

Ask a Question