BRAIN-EATING AMOEBA...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Cases are being reported in our immediate area. In fact, I'm camping with Boy Scouts this w/end, and we'll be in DeSoto Parish -- one of the main "alert" areas! They say that it's only a problem if you get water up your nose, so guess the boys won't be doing any water activities!

They were announcing this morning that they are adding EXTRA chlorine and temp. discontinuing the addition of ammonia. Yea, me! I knew what they were talking about: chloramines!

So, won't be adding any large amts. of fresh water to the pond for a while, though I do have a cartridge that removes the chemicals.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
We got a notification in the mail today that our water company is boosting the Chlorine level up for the next 30 -90 days as a precautionary measure. I guess we will be adding more neautralizer during larger water changes. I called this afternoon and they assured me for now that no chloramine will be being used so at least that was good news for me.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just back from Cub Scout camp. I used bottled water [DeSoto Parish]. Actually, while I was there, it was so busy and hectic that I didn't give this another thought, but don't think there was ever a mention or precaution issued. Guessing not all water sources are suspect....?

Ask a Question